Growing dance provision for children, young people and communities in Hounslow.
To develop our London Leap programme across 2020-21, we are working in depth in the borough of Hounslow to undertake an exciting residency, exploring initiatives to reduce barriers in young people and wider communities engaging with dance.
We will also be creating new partnership opportunities within the area and testing approaches to engagement that will be bespoke to the borough.
Hounslow Leap aims to:
- find effective approaches to widen access and increase children and young people audiences for professional contemporary dance within Hounslow
- identify any specific barriers related to attendance/engagement with contemporary dance performance and activity within Hounslow
- test effective methods of enabling children and young people to participate in, appreciate and interpret contemporary dance performance
- better understand what support local dance leaders, organisations and advocates need to support children and young people’s participation in, and viewing of, contemporary dance
Plans for 2021:
- During 2021 we will be doing a focused tour of DU: DanceStory within Hounslow, offering the work to secondary schools, colleges, community groups and health providers within the borough.
- We are currently planning a dance and music project with West Thames College and Hounslow’s Creative People & Places team which will feature in Dance Umbrella 2021.
- We will be delivering a dance Takeover event in Hounslow as a part of Dance Umbrella 2021 in partnership with Watermans Arts Centre.
For more information about Hounslow Leap, please email Peter Laycock at email@example.com or call 07498 232 515