Due to COVID-19, this year’s Producer Farm scheduled to take place in June at Coombe Farm Studios, is unable to go ahead. All partners have committed to delivering Producer Farm 2021 aimed at the same group: producers with 5-10 years’ experience. Applications for that will be open in January 2021.
As a result, Bristol Old Vic Ferment, Coombe Farm Studios, Fuel & Dance Umbrella have been able to invite some of this year’s applicants to a new program of support. Digital Farm 2020 is taking place across the originally planned dates for Producer Farm, with provocations from a number of speakers & digital opportunities for peer-to-peer connection.
Digital Farm participants will be joined by:
- Margaret Wheatley, Writer & Management Consultant
- François Matarasso, Writer & Commentator
- Stella Kanu, Executive Producer at LIFT
- Isobel Carlisle, Social change curator
In partnership with Bristol Old Vic Ferment, Coombe Farm Studios & Fuel
“The Producer Farm is a unique opportunity to support producers at a vital mid-career moment. It enables these dedicated professionals, who have such a wide-ranging impact of the cultural scene here and abroad, to share dynamic practice, build networks, and to be inspired by industry leaders.”
Emma Gladstone, Artistic Director & Chief Executive, Dance Umbrella
ABOUT PRODUCER FARM
The Producer Farm is a joint initiative between Dance Umbrella, Fuel, Bristol Old Vic FERMENT, In Between Time and Coombe Farm Studios. The week-long residency for creative producers aims to provide time and space to consider your current work and future potential.
The week-long residency for creative producers takes place at Coombe Farm Studios in Dittisham, Devon.
The residency offers:
- Structured learning from inspiring professionals
- Dedicated time to reflect on and refresh your ideas and practice
- Networking and discussion with peers and senior industry professionals
- A beautiful rural environment, dedicated to growing creativity
Who it is for:
- Producers who have been working professionally in any field of contemporary performance for 5-10 years
- People with a strong desire to expand their capacity and capabilities as creative producers
- People excited by reaching audiences through the power and quality of new work
- People who are open to new ideas and sharing with their peers
“Producer Farm is an important and unique space of coming together, sharing, listening, feeling and learning so rare in our line of work. The experience will give all of us renewed energy and enthusiasm and resilience for our work.”