The copyright in the contents of this website are owned by Dance Umbrella and reproduction or extraction for the purposes of remote storage, display, public performance, broadcast, rental, leasing or lending is prohibited, unless permission is explicitly granted.
While Dance Umbrella has made every effort to ensure that the contents and information in its website pages are accurate and current, this cannot be guaranteed and any person using information from the site does so at their own risk. Although Dance Umbrella takes care to inspect and test website material at all stages of production, it cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst viewing the website or using material derived from it.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE PURCHASE OF TICKETS ON THE DANCE UMBRELLA WEBSITE
Dance Umbrella (DU) does its best to ensure that all the information on its website is current and accurate. However, mistakes can occur, so we would encourage anyone who engages with our events (live or online) to report mistakes and to contact us if the information displayed on our website is incorrect. You can do this by emailing email@example.com, calling on 020 7257 9380 or contacting the relevant Third Party* venue directly.
These terms and conditions relate to the purchase and supply of tickets and/or registration to participate in our free online events. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before purchasing/registering for tickets as by doing so, you accept that these Terms & Conditions will be adhered to. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
1) To be admitted to an event, you must be in possession of a valid ticket or confirmation of registration. Online ticket event confirmations or links should not be shared with others or sold for profit.
2) DU reserves the right to refuse admission, and DU may also request any ticket holder/ registrant to leave the event before, during, or after performances/online events if it believes their presence is likely to cause nuisance, disturbance, or threat to other Patrons and Participants. For live events taking place at external venues, our venue partners and their employees have the right to take any such appropriate action to minimise any disruption.
3) DU may also, on certain occasions, have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
4) When an event does not admit latecomers, this will be listed on the DU website. If no specific information is listed, every effort will be made by DU or the Third-Party venue to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the event or performance. It may not be possible to accommodate latecomers. The decision to admit latecomers is at the discretion of DU and its venue partners.
5) Mobile phones and any other electronic equipment must be switched off (not silenced) before the event.
6) If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before providing any personal information to Dance Umbrella’s website. Under 5s are not admitted to a DU event without a parent/guardian or unless otherwise stated.
7) Strobe lighting, smoke effects, gunshots and other special effects are sometimes used in productions; notices will be displayed online and in front of house areas.
8) DU or any permitted Third Parties may carry out general filming, sound recording and photography. By purchasing/registering for tickets you consent to you and your party being included, and the use or broadcast of such films and recordings without payment.
9) Patrons may not obstruct fire safety routes. DU staff will kindly ask Patrons to clear fire safety routes and has to right to remove Patrons if fire safety routes are obstructed.
10) If there are any changes to your details once your booking has been concluded, then it is your responsibility to inform DU. It is the Patrons’ responsibility to check that any tickets issued to you are accurate.
11) DU or any Third Party reserves the right to ask for proof of eligibility for concessions at the access points for the event or performance.
12) A transaction charge of £1.75 will be added to all telephone and online ticket bookings for chargeable events. Only one charge is made per booking. There is no booking fee chargeable for free events.
13) DU reserves the right to make any reasonable alterations to the advertised arrangements, programme or cast without being obliged to offer a refund or exchange.
14) DU cannot be held responsible for late running of any performances due to circumstances beyond its control.
15) Groups over eight people are to contact DU to make a group booking. When partnering with a Third-Party venue, DU aims to honour the Third-Party venue’s group discounts. Where applicable, a group booking rate will be applied to an individual purchasing all tickets for its group members to one event instance in one single transaction.
16) DU is committed to making its events accessible to all. -Events and talks marked BSL on the DU website will be British Sign Language interpreted. -For any access enquiries please contact the relevant Third Party venue directly, or DU on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7257 9380.
17) Where DU or the relevant Third Party is forced to cancel a performance because the performance in question is no longer available or viable, DU will refund to you the face value of the tickets purchased (excluding any transaction charges).
18) Tickets may be exchanged for another DU festival event in the current season (subject to availability) provided that DU is notified at least 72 hours before the performance is due to take place (or at least 7 days before the performance is due to take place for group bookings). If you do not return your ticket(s) in time to exchange them, DU may, but will not be obliged to, resell them on your behalf. If your tickets are successfully resold, DU will refund to you the face value of the tickets purchased (excluding any delivery charges), minus an administration fee of £2. DU will sell all of its own tickets before it will offer returned tickets for resale and DU cannot guarantee the successful resale of any returned tickets.
19) DU operates a print-at-home or collect-at-box-office (for Third Party venues), depending upon the particular event or production. The method of receiving your tickets is clearly displayed on the online booking form and confirmation email. When collecting tickets from the box office at a Third-Party venue, Patrons are responsible for ensuring sufficient time to collect tickets in advance of the event.
20) DU conforms to GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and we are committed to protecting your privacy. Disclosure of your personal details at the time of booking, either on-line, in person or over the telephone, gives us consent to the collection and safe storage and processing of this information and for processing your order. DU may also use this data to track marketing and booking trends. Should you opt to receive such information, we may also use your details to inform you of news or events. You may choose to receive this information by post, email, or both. We may also, with your consent, pass on your personal details to third parties or similar arts organisations for the purpose of mailing you products that may be of interest to you.
21) When an event is presented in partnership with a Third-Party venue, the Third-Party venue’s Terms and Conditions will compliment DU’s Terms and Conditions and Patrons are expected to adhere to both.
22) DU is not responsible for any failures in your personal technology set-up when viewing online events. E.g. Wifi connectivity, and hardware equipment. DU endeavors to use appropriate streaming and communications platforms e.g. YouTube, Zoom, Vimeo, but cannot be responsible for any issues with these Third-Party platforms.
23) DU will on occasion share links to relevant content on Third Party websites via the DU site and social channels. We are not responsible for the content on these websites.
Dance Umbrella Ltd
Charity registration number 277221
West Wing, Somerset House, Strand
London, WC2R 1LA
020 7257 9380
For any questions or concerns, please email Dance Umbrella on email@example.com.
* A party other than you and Dance Umbrella.