Digital Farm 2020
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Producer Farm scheduled to take place in June at Coombe Farm Studios, was unable to go ahead. All partners have committed to delivering Producer Farm 2021 aimed at the same group: producers with 5-10 years’ experience. Applications for that will be open in January 2021.
As a result, Bristol Old Vic Ferment, Coombe Farm Studios, Fuel & Dance Umbrella were able to invite some of this year’s applicants to a new program of support. Digital Farm 2020 took place across the originally planned dates for Producer Farm, with provocations from a number of speakers & digital opportunities for peer-to-peer connection.
Digital Farm participants were joined by:
Mariko Finch, Deputy Editor of Digital Content at Sotheby’s | Watch Mariko’s talk from Digital Farm 2020 (captioned)
Margaret Wheatley, Writer & Management Consultant | Watch Margaret’s talk from Digital Farm 2020 (captioned)
François Matarasso, Artist, Writer and Researcher | Watch François’ talk from Digital Farm 2020 (captioned)
Stella Kanu, Executive Producer at LIFT | Watch Stella Kanu’s talk from Digital Farm 2020 (captioned)
Isobel Carlisle, Social change curator
“The Producer Farm is a unique opportunity to support producers at a vital mid-career moment. It enables these dedicated professionals, who have such a wide-ranging impact of the cultural scene here and abroad, to share dynamic practice, build networks, and to be inspired by industry leaders.”
In partnership with Bristol Old Vic Ferment, Coombe Farm Studios & Fuel
About Producer Farm +
The Producer Farm is a joint initiative between Dance Umbrella, Fuel, Bristol Old Vic FERMENT, In Between Time and Coombe Farm Studios. The week-long residency for creative producers aims to provide time and space to consider your current work and future potential.
The week-long residency for creative producers takes place at Coombe Farm Studios in Dittisham, Devon.
The residency offers:
- Structured learning from inspiring professionals
- Dedicated time to reflect on and refresh your ideas and practice
- Networking and discussion with peers and senior industry professionals
- A beautiful rural environment, dedicated to growing creativity
Who it is for:
- Producers who have been working professionally in any field of contemporary performance for 5-10 years
- People with a strong desire to expand their capacity and capabilities as creative producers
- People excited by reaching audiences through the power and quality of new work
- People who are open to new ideas and sharing with their peers
“Producer Farm is an important and unique space of coming together, sharing, listening, feeling and learning so rare in our line of work. The experience will give all of us renewed energy and enthusiasm and resilience for our work.”