Growing dance provision for children and young people in Hounslow
To develop our creative learning programme during 2020, we are now working in depth in the borough of Hounslow to undertake an exciting 10-month residency, during which we will roll out initiatives that have proved positive in helping to reduce barriers in young people engaging with dance. We will also be exploring new partnership opportunities within the area and testing approaches to engagement that will be bespoke to the borough.
Access Hounslow aims to:
- To find effective approaches to widen access and increase children and young people audiences for professional contemporary dance within Hounslow
- To trail versions of participatory projects within Hounslow that were successfully piloted 2018-2019
- To identify any specific barriers related to attendance/engagement with contemporary dance performance and activity within Hounslow
- To test effective methods of enabling children and young people to participate in, appreciate and interpret contemporary dance performance
- To better understand what support local dance leaders, organisations and advocates need to support children and young people’s participation in, and viewing of, professional contemporary dance