For the first time DU takes over Shoreditch Town Hall with a punchy mix of dance, poetry and film.
The fabulous Lisbeth Gruwez Dances Bob Dylan finally comes to London after her successful world tour; award winning dancer and choreographer (a performer in DU2016’s hit show Gala) Julie Cunningham presents a bespoke performance; spoken word poet and winner of the Roundhouse Poetry Slam Vanessa Kisuule brings her compelling words to the party. And Charles Linehan’s film with Lithuanian photographer Karolis Janulis, The Shadow Drone Project, described by The Times as “almost alien, beautiful”, also receives its London premiere.
Add a DJ (Saturday) and bar into the mix and this compilation disc of an evening wraps up DU2017 in style.
‘”The precision of the movement is stunning, its repetition hypnotic.” Tribune de Génève (on Lisbeth Gruwez)
“A choreographer who’s definitely one to watch.” Evening Standard (on Julie Cunningham)
SHOREDITCH TOWN HALL
- There are steps leading up to the main entrance but they have an external passenger lift that can transport customers to street level to the entrance foyer.
- The Council Chamber space is on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible.
- The Assembly Hall is up several flights of stairs so the internal passenger lift allows customers to access the first floor (stalls entrance) of the Assembly Hall.
- Shoreditch Town Hall also welcomes assistance dogs; have gender-neutral, accessible toilets with baby changing facilities; and a nearby loading bay which allows up to 3 hours parking for blue badge holders
- Wheelchair users are asked to contact before booking. They can reach Shoreditch Town Hall on 020 7739 6176 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information visit: http://shoreditchtownhall.com/your-visit/access-information
LISBETH GRUWEZ DANCES BOB DYLAN
Artistic Director / Choreographer Lisbeth Gruwez
Light Caroline Mathieu
Sound Maarten Van Cauwenberghe
Artistic Director / Performer Julie Cunningham
Performer Harry Alexander
SPOKEN WORD SET
Spoken Word Artist Vanessa Kisuule
THE SHADOW DRONE PROJECT
Film Charles Linehan and Karolis Janulis
Dancers (film) – Lithuania: Niels Claes, Love Hellgren, Kyrie Oda Marius Pinigus, Andrius Stakele Cyprus: Viki Kalla, Panayotis Tofi. UK: Greig Cooke, Antonia Grove
Video still Helipad. Vilnius, Lithuania
Produced and presented by Dance Umbrella in partnership with Shoreditch Town Hall
Lisbeth Gruwez Dances Bob Dylan supported by the Government of Flanders
The Shadow Drone Project was initially supported by the National Lottery through Arts Council England